Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Evander Holyfield vs Francois Botha The Legend Returns

The last words between former Heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield and current WBF Heavyweight Champion Francois Botha…

“The Legend Returns,” presented by Crown Boxing, is being distributed in the United States and Canada by Integrated Sports Media for live viewing at 9 PM ET.

“Las Vegas has been the place that’s given me the chance to be the person I am,” said Holyfield at the final press conference for their fight Saturday, April 10 at the Thomas and Mack Center at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Holyfield fought and won heavyweight titles in Las Vegas in 1990, 1993, 1996, and 2000. The belt Holyfield fights for on Saturday is merely a trinket – the unheard-of World Boxing Federation title – but for Holyfield, now 42-10-2 (27 KO), there’s more to the fight than belts.”

“I’m defending my title against one of the greatest legends of all-time. This will make my resume perfect,” said Botha, (47-4-3, 28 KO). “I’ve fought a number of the best and Evander is one of the best. Saturday night, I’m prepared for this. Evander had talent and experience. I’m getting in there knowing it’s going to be a hard fight.”

They continued to Holyfield, “I’m going to finish your career, make you retire. The Buffalo is charging.”

Francois Botha, also nicknamed “the White Buffalo”, is a South African Boxer who participated in Kickboxing and MMA bouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment