Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ty Warren not getting the bonus

New England Patriots‘ defensive lineman, Ty Warren, is skipping the first round of his team’s voluntary offseason workouts and a hefty bonus of a quarter of a million dollars.

“I try to put the kids in the best educational system possible and I think there is something to be said for their father, who has been lucky to play in the NFL and do something he’s loved to do, going back and finishing what they started. In the giant picture, I think it’s important for me to do what I’m doing. I can sacrifice that bonus for that.”

To Warren, education is important, so they decided to do that during the offseason. Warren said they is a person with self-motivation. So even if he’s in school, they can workout on his own. And Patriots wouldn’t must worry, because Warren is a pro.

But face to face, Mr. Cardin is short on reminiscences about Mao jackets and bicycles and minimizes the historic forward march of his long career. There is only two subject that interests this 87-year-old designer: What is they doing for tomorrow’s world?

“When I started 60 years ago, the fashion I was drawing was something odd — people said I was crazy and they seldom wanted to wear my clothes,” said Mr. Cardin, signing copies of his commemorative book at Maxim’s, the historic Parisian Belle Époque restaurant, that they owns and has turned in to a global brand.

“My way was to draw something of the future — to be young, to see that a woman could be free,” said Mr. Cardin. “I wanted to give women in the 1960s a chance to work, to sit, to take the automobile and drive in my dresses.”

The 1960s dresses, square-cut to free the body, but with all sorts of circular cutouts and satellite sleeves spinning in orbit round the arms, are icons of the space age. The alien innocents in their aviator helmets, miniskirts and colorful hose, expressed the explosion of a new youth culture.

The new architecture that the designer built to express the physical and mental emancipation of women is vividly illustrated in “Pierre Cardin, 60 Years of Innovation,” written by Jean-Pascal Hesse, his long-term collaborator, and published by Assouline.

The landmark Cosmos collection of 1964, with tunic and hose for both men and women, was a confident statement about unisex clothing. It anticipated the masculine/feminine fashion standoff that dominated the second half of the 20th century.

No comments:

Post a Comment